Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Looking for advice from travellers from Ireland please

Hi, I just wanted some advice on a couple of things from any Irish people who have been to Bulgaria before or who may just know anyways!!!





Firstly, if anybody has flown out of Belfast to Bourgas how was the flight, were you on time etc?





Secondly, Bank of Ireland are the only financial institution trading in Leva and I was quoted 1.85 leva for 1 euro today. Seems a bit low as 1 pound sterling in England seems to average at 2.38 leva. Maybe this is relative but the euro is very strong against sterling currently so I would have expected more for my euro, or maybe i am just mean!! Think I%26#39;ll just bring a small amount and use an ATM when I get there. Third question, which Irish ATM cards did you use while there?





Sorry for rambling and thank you for reading.






|||



Anybody???




|||



Hi, I am travelling out from Dublin mid june and have been told my flight times have now changed quite dramatically!! (for operational reasons)nearly 12 hour differences so now I%26#39;m a little worried that this may be an indication that perhaps flights do not run smoothly to bourgas?? Anyway, I%26#39;m of the same thought about the lev exchange although - 1.85 is an average rate as I%26#39;ve been watching it for a while - I get impression from the site that best rate is to be had there rather than here. I%26#39;m going to do some checking (I work for a bank) and will let you know Monday??




|||



The current Euro rate at Bulgarian banks in the resort is 1.96.





Toonman




|||



Travelswithjojo, many thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear your flight times have changed so drastically. Any info you could post would be most appreciated.





Toonman, many thanks for the info I%26#39;ll defenitely wait and change my money over there just bring a small amount for snacks etc. Toonman I just wanted to say that I have read so much really useful information that you have posted and I want to thank you so much, most of what I know about Bulgaria has come from you, so thanks again!!




|||



Very happy to be of some use Marymoonbeam.



Hope you thoroughly enjoy your stay, only another 10 weeks and I%26#39;ll be back there.





Toonman




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment