Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Going at beginning of August - couple o questions..

Hello all,



As the topic says I%26#39;m probably going to SB at the beginning of August for 7 nights. I%26#39;ll try to keep my questions as specific as possible...soroy if I don%26#39;t :)





- Is SB a much bigger resort area than Golden Sands? And how do the beaches compare?





- are there any package operators anyone would recommend speficially for flying direct from Dublin?





- Any hotels in the 4 star category you%26#39;d specifically recommend?





Appreciate any help




|||



Sunny Beach is a lot bigger than Golden Sands with obviously more clubs and bars.



( SB is also flat whereas GS in built into a hillside) Both have excellent beaches and water sports.



As for hotels, in GS would definately recommend the Iberostar Obzor/Izgrev and the Hotel Sofia ( this one in right in the thick of the action but no noise issues )



In SB there are a number of very good hotels,



Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort Hotel( in the heart of town next to beach ), Grand Hotel Oasis. Globus, to name but three.





Click here for a comprehensive list with ratings and reviews.





holiday-truth.com/holiday_truths/…





Toonman




|||



Hello Toonman,



I%26#39;ve been expecting you :)





thanks for that - so in your opinion would the size difference in the resorts be a dealbreaker?





It%26#39;s the way I was thinking anyway to be honest but I%26#39;ve heard mixed views on the size difference. I%26#39;d prefer to be in the biggest / liveliest.





The hotels on my shortlist seem to be:





Marina Grand Beach



Meridian



Victoria Palace



Majestic





Any that really stand out or any that I should avoid for any reason?





Thanks




|||



Don%26#39;t get me wrong, Golden Sands isn%26#39;t small, its just not as big as SB. Me personally because I like a good variety of night life will always chose SB .





If I had to stay in one of the hotels mentioned it would be the Meridian.



See here for latest review





holiday-truth.com/holiday_truths/…





Victoria Palace is a funny one. You either love it or hate it, very impressive to look at but service appears rubbish. Had family stay there last year and they hated the place.





For me I love the Iberostar sunny Beach resort Hotel. Right on the beach, yet only a couple of minutes to resort centre. Standards,service and food all very good and it is voted as the No. 1 hotel in resort on this site if you look under hotel reviews.





Just fire away if you%26#39;ve any more questions.





Toonman




|||



Cool, thanks.



Actually I think I%26#39;ve found a good deal for the Iberostar and it looks like we might head there.





I%26#39;ll keep you posted.





Thanks again Toonman




|||



When are you going to Iberostar? We fly out on 1 August for 7 nights.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment