Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Toonman Please Advice

TIPS on making the most of your holiday





I%26#39;ve booked 2 weeks AI at Sol Nessebar Palace for mid August. I%26#39;ll be travelling with my 6 year old son and this is our first holiday abroad





I wish I had read your comments about going AI and the hotel reviews on this site before booking!





I won%26#39;t to make sure we have a good time so can you advise on :-



[1] Without waking up at the crack of dawn, how do I reserve a sun bed on the beach?



[2] Forum comments include Germans getting better treatment. Is it because they tip and speak Bulgarian?



[3] Best way of getting served at an AI bar?



[4] I%26#39;d like my son to try some authentic Bulgarian food - where do local Bulgarians eat?



[5] any other tips?



Many Thanks





Jim




|||



Hi Jim,





Firstly, I%26#39;ve never ever had to reserve a sunbed on the beach, there are literally thousands of them stretching for about 5 miles.





People have to realise that the Germans discovered Bulgaria long before we did and so have a longer history with the people. I personally have never had poor treatment from anyone just because I%26#39;m English.



As for tipping, my experience is that the British are are best tippers in Bulgaria, they think we are all millionaires..





Can%26#39;t advise on best way to get served first, other than give him a decent tip first time round so that he remembers you.



I do that with my cleaners at the Iberostar. After couple of days I make sure who the cleaner is, give her 20 lev with a smile and my room is spotless for the remainder of my holiday and my mini bar always topped up.





Most of the Bulgarian people would go to Djanny%26#39;s as it%26#39;s open all year round. Very extensive menu at reasonable prices.



My own personal favourite is Kavarma. A meat or chicken stew, beautiful.



Here is a link to some of the food.





www.bulgariantourism.com/info/vi_food.php





Just fire away for any further info





Toonman




|||



Hi Toonman,





Thanks for your advice.





Will on my return post a tripreport, hotel review, and my son%26#39;s comments on Bulgarian food!





Have a good holiday yourself in September.





Jim




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, October 03, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment